General Description: Microsoft Word – Level 3 is designed for Microsoft Word users who are keen to extend their understanding and knowledge of the software beyond basic document creation so that they can create and work with features such as SmartArt, indexes, master documents, interactive fields and much more.
Learning Outcomes: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Create and work with SmartArt
- Create and work with a table of contents
- Create and work with an index in a document
- Create and work with master documents
- Insert and edit footnotes and endnotes
- Create, use and delete bookmarks
- Create and delete cross references
- Use AutoCorrect to automatically correct words and phrases
- Create and use building blocks
- Use a range of document proofing features
- Work with custom dictionaries
- Use the features of Word to work collaboratively with others
- Use reviewing and commenting tools when editing documents
- Understand and use the tracking feature in Word
- Compare multiple versions of the same document
- Create and remove protection for your document
- Work with a PDF document
- Understand, insert and work with fields in a document
- Create and use interactive fields.
- Create and work with electronic forms in Word
- Create and work with macros
Prerequisites: Microsoft Word – Level 3 assumes an intermediate understanding of Microsoft Word and the creation of documents. It would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment.