General Description: This course aims to give the new spreadsheet user a thorough grounding in the basics of spreadsheeting and using Microsoft Excel. Particular emphasis is placed on the importance of accuracy, good formula building techniques, and sound formatting and design principles.
Learning Outcomes: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Navigate your way around Microsoft Excel
- Create a new workbook
- Open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
- Understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
- Understand, create and work with formulas and functions used to perform calculations
- Copy and paste data in Excel
- Understand and use formula cell referencing to create more complex formulas
- Use font formatting techniques to greatly enhance the look of a worksheet
- Align the contents of cells in a number of ways
- Format rows and columns in a worksheet
- Understand and use the number formatting features in Excel
- Print your workbook data
- Create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
Target Audience: This course is designed for users new to Microsoft Excel and spreadsheeting.
Prerequisites: This course assumes little or no knowledge of spreadsheets or Microsoft Excel. However, it would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment.