General Description: The skills and knowledge acquired in Adobe InDesign CC – Level 1 enable users to gain a thorough understanding of InDesign and how it can be used as well as the ability to create a variety of different kinds of documents, add text, colour, shapes and graphics, print documents and access help.
Learning Outcomes: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how InDesign can be used and start working with it
- Understand how to set up and create a new document
- Work with and modify elements of a workspace
- Understand basic navigation within InDesign
- Work with pages
- Understand what layers are and how to work with them
- Understand colour and how to use it
- Understand and work with objects
- Work with graphics
- Work with text
- Ensure documents are ready to print
- Use the Help menu and access online help resources
Prerequisites: Adobe InDesign CC – Level 1 assumes little or no knowledge of the software. However, it would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment.